Local Development Strategy
In 2013 West Lothian LEADER carried out a consultation with local community members and developed the West Lothian LEADER Local Development Strategy (LDS).
This strategy outlines our goals for the 2014-2020 programme.
Our themes and outcomes for the current programme are:
Theme 1: Well-connected Communities
- Outcome 1: Improved digital inclusion
- Outcome 2: Improved access to affordable transport
- Outcome 3: Improved knowledge sharing and partnership working
Theme 2: Stronger Communities
- Outcome 4: Improved skills and increased access to job opportunities
- Outcome 5: More sustainable social enterprises and small businesses
- Outcome 6: Reduced rural poverty and improved financial inclusion
- Outcome 7: Making the most of community assets
- Outcome 8: Improved health and wellbeing in rural communities
Theme 3: Improved Local Environment
- Outcome 9: Preserved and enhanced local heritage, landscape and environment
- Outcome 10: Improved visitor numbers and experience
It is expected that all LEADER projects will address these themes
- Sustainability (by which we mean continuity and/or legacy)
- Partnership working
Projects are expected to report back to us against each of the outcomes they have chosen and evidence what they have achieved.